SBCGlobal is one of the most commonly used email accounts. SBC stands for Southwestern Bell Corp. Earlier, it was started as a child company of Bell service and was later merged with AT&T. Its domain name is SBCGlobal.net and it comes under AT&T services. If you need to access SBCGlobal emails you need to use AT&T emails. Like all other service providers, SBCGlobal users may face technical issues. The webmail is managed by humans, so SBCGlobal is no exception. At times, it may happen that users are not able to send or receive an email in SBCGlobal. These issues are occasional ones and can be sorted by doing some troubleshooting.
Further, we will tell you about all the factors which SBCGlobal email may not work.
Not Able to Send or Receive email in SBCGLobal Email?
If you are unable to send or receive emails in SBCGlobal email, then there can be something wrong with the configuration of the account. To fix this issue you need to reach out to the SBCGlobal email Support team.
If there is an error on the device’s screen, you need to go to the server settings and see if the settings are updated or not.
Why SBCGlobal is not Receiving Email?
Before knowing how to fix this issue, it is essential to know what is the reason behind this issue. There are many reasons because of why you are unable to send or receive emails. The reasons can be as follows:
- Emails are going to the incorrect filter
- Wrong email address
- The sender is in the block list
- Email is blocked by the recipient
- Wrong configuration on third party app
How to Resolve Unable to Send or Receive Email in SBCGlobal?
Listed below are some of the troubleshooting steps that you should know to fix the issue:
- Wrong Email Filter: The purpose of the email filter is to separate the incoming emails and send them to the folder. Making filters to keep the email in an organized way may get you in trouble if you made the wrong filters. For making filters, you need to be careful so that no such thing happens. If you do not know how to handle it then you may delete some of the filters and check if you are receiving emails.
- If you have blocked the sender or vice-versa: You are getting an email from someone who has blocked the sender. This may be one of the reasons why you are not receiving any emails. Take a look at your block list and unblock the sender.
Also, if the recipient has blocked you. Ask them to check if your email is not there on their block list.
- Turn on email forwarding: Its main purpose is to receive all the emails on some other account. So, if this option is enabled and you have forgotten about it, then be sure you must log in to your SBCGlobal mail account and disable this option.
- Writing wrong email address: Before sending an email to someone make sure it is correct. If you are about to get an email from someone, tell them your correct email and see if it has been rectified.
- The server is crashed or down: If you cannot send or receive an email, make sure that the server is working fine. This issue can also occur if the server is down and you may face issues while transferring emails. This can also stop you from receiving emails.
- Incorrect server address: It happens that webmail keeps on changing the addresses without telling the users. Users will not be able to receive or send emails in the SBCGlobal account if the address has been changed and the user is still entering the previous address.
- Disable the Antivirus from Windows:
The wrong antivirus setting may interrupt the SBCGlobal email from login in and swapping emails. So, to avoid the antivirus from getting blocked your SBCGlobal account, disable them with these steps—
- Disable Firewall by selecting ‘Windows Firewall’ from ‘Windows Control Panel’. Then, select the option “Turn off or on Windows Firewall’ to finally turn off the Firewall from Windows
- Disable Antivirus by navigating ‘Privacy and security from ‘Windows Settings’ to ‘Privacy and Security’ and then to the option given below. From there, choose antivirus and put off the protection toggle and deselect
Summing it up!
If you’re having SBCGlobal email problems for some time then you not worry as they are common issues. You can troubleshoot these SBCGlobal email issues by following the above-mentioned steps. In this article, we have listed all the possible reasons that may cause SBCGlobal email issues like being unable to send and receive emails in SBCGlobal. If you are still confused, then you take help from a video tutorial for more clarity.