I am having issues wherein windows 10 outlook is not sending emails? What should I do?
It can be troublesome when you are stuck in such a situation. Nevertheless, let me help you with a few solutions you can try out to fix this issue.
Troubleshooting tips if windows 10 outlook is not sending emails
Solution 1 – Commonly troubleshooting tips
- Try to send the email that is stuck again
If the email is not going through then first shift the mail from the Outbox section into the Drafts folder. Then open that email once again, recheck the information and then resend the mail.
- Recheck the recipient’s email address
Another reason why Windows 10 outlook is not sending emails is that there could be a possibility that you have typed an incorrect or incomplete email address. Recheck the email ID to ensure that it is correct, if you have any doubts, you can always reconfirm the information and then try sending the email again.
- Disable Windows and Antivirus Firewall
Before sending any email, recheck to ensure that the Windows and Antivirus Firewall is not interfering or causing problems. Sometimes you may face issues with Outlook because of this. Try disabling the Windows or Antivirus Firewall and then resend the email to see if it works or not.
- Make sure your internet connection is working properly and use Ms. Outlook in online mode
In order for Outlook to work, you need to ensure that you have a strong and active internet connection. While working on Outlook, it would be advisable that you use it during the online mode instead of opting for the offline mode. To do that, you would need to check I the Work Offline mode is active or not under the Outlook menu.
- Check the File Size to ensure that it is within the permissible limit
One of the reasons why Windows 10 outlook is not sending emails is because there could be a problem with the overall size of the email. This is applicable especially in the case if you are sending attachments like document files, images, and videos. If the size over exceeds the permissible limit, then you will face issues while sending emails.
Solutions 2: Repair or Reinstall the MS. Outlook Application
- If windows 10 outlook is not sending emails, then there could be a possibility that the application may be corrupted or damaged. To fix this problem you would need to
- Go to the Apps & Features option by doing a search through Windows and open it.
- From the installed apps and features, list look for Microsoft Office
- Under Ms. Outlook’s application, choose the Online Repair and Repair option located under Modify and Yes option.
Another way to repair Microsoft Outlook is to go to Outlook Email Profile. Just follow the below mention path if you are planning to choose this option.
- Go to Outlook
- Select the Files tab
- Choose Account Settings
- Click on the particular Account Profile that you have an issue with
- Choose the button – Repair
Solution 3: Sync Password if windows 10 outlook is not sending emails
- Go to the Account Settings under the Account Settings from the Files tab to change your password.
- Go to the Email tab and select the email account whose password you wish to reset and select the option – Change.
- Enter the new password in the text box provided
- Select the Finish option by going to Next – Close, and Finish.
- Retry sending the emails once again by clicking F9
Solution 4 – Scan the device
- If windows 10 outlook is not sending emails, then you can opt to run a scan by going to the command prompt. For that, you would need to
- Click Start from the bottom left corner of the PC screen
- The contextual menu will open wherein you can choose the option – Command Prompt (Admin)
- Type or Paste SFC/SCANNOW command to start the scan.
You would need to wait for close to 20 -30 mins before the scan is complete. Once it is done, you would need to restart the device and then try again. If the problem gets solved that is good otherwise move on to the next step.
Solution 5 – Enable TCP/IP Protocol
On the PC, choose the search option and select the sub-option Search the web and Windows and then type ncpa.cpl
- Press enter and go to the tab called Network Connections
- Right-click on the Internet Connection you want to choose to enable TCP/IP settings and choose Properties.
- Go to the Networking tab and check to see if there is a checkmark on the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/iPv6)
- If it is not checked, then select OK and come out of the menu.
Restart the device and then retry to see if you are still facing the issue wherein windows 10 outlook is not sending emails.