It has been a while since I have been using Gmail as my primary email account. However, recently I was speaking to my friend who was telling me about her experience while using Bigpond email services. I was pretty amazed at the way she described her experience and was also very happy with their services. She even suggested that I should consider having a Bigpond email login account for myself. I took her up on the suggestion and I must say I do not regret this decision.
As a blogger, I like to pen down my experiences through my articles, and while I was signing up for this, I decided to explore a little bit more to understand some basic elements. In this article, I’m going to share some useful information on how to create a Bigpond email address, configure it using a third-party application as well as how to restore your account if you have forgotten your password. But before all that I do want to share some important tips that you should remember.
Tips to prevent Bigpond email login issues
- To access the email account, you need to make sure that you have a strong active internet connection
- Make sure that your password and username are correct keeping in mind case sensitivity.
- Recheck the settings depending on the type of operating system of your device. The settings for PC, iPhone, and Android are different.
- You can always reset the password if you do not remember it by going to the forgot password option.
How to sign up for Bigpond email login?
- First, log in to the website or click on the following https://myservices.telstra.com.au/
- Type the Bigpond username
- Enter the email password
- Provide the business ID especially if you have a Telstra Account Executive
- Click on the option that states- Log In
How to create a new bigpond email login account?
- Log on to or click the following link – https://id.telstra.com.au/register to sign up for Bigpond email services
- Provide the username for your account by entering an email address
- Enter and re-enter the password of your choice
- Fill in the required personal details like your First and Last name, your phone number, date of birth, etc
- To proceed further click – Continue
Accessing bigpond email login through a third-party app
Once you have created your Bigpond account, you can easily set it up through third-party email programs like Mailbird, Outlook, etc. In this section, I will provide you with the SMTP and IMAP settings you would need to access your email account.
IMAP server settings
- IMAP Server: mail.bigpond.com
- IMPA port: 993
- IMAP Security: SSL
- IMAP username: The complete email address
- IMAP password: The Bigpond account password
SMTP server settings
- SMTP Server: mail.bigpond.com
- SMTP port: 465
- SMTP Security: SSL
- SMTP username: The complete email address
- SMTP password: The bigpond account password
How to reset the bigpond email login password?
- First, log on to or click the following link – https://signon.telstra.com.au/login?goto=http%3A%2F%2Femail.telstra.com%3A443%2F
- Then choose the Forgot option located near the password text box
- Fill out the form by providing your account number or business ID and username (the business ID is only applicable if you use it as your user name) and click on Continue
- You will then be redirected to the next page that will allow you to reset your password.
Note- Just in case you still face bigpond email login issues, then you can take the help of the customer support by logging in to https://www.telstra.com.au/support/email