Facebook is one of the most used platforms for many people. As an artist, I love to use it to connect to many others like me. Over the years, we have formed a great bond and love to hang out with each other through messenger. In our group, a 70-year-old artist recently joined in and we got to learn a lot from him. While talking to him, he was sharing his experience about how to recover your facebook account without trusted contacts. The way he explained the process inspired me to write this particular blog. So, I’m going to share the process on
Steps On How To Recover Your Facebook Account Without Trusted Contacts
It is very easy to create a Facebook account to connect to our friends. There are times when we tend to have problems logging in. It is not surprising to know that many people have multiple e-mail ids and passwords. Keeping a track of all these passwords can be a task on its own. However, I would like to share a few easy tips on how to prevent recovering your Facebook account.
- Make sure you choose a password that is easy to remember but at the same time it should not be easy to guess.
- Write down the password in a diary or book so that you can refer to it whenever you want.
- Adding an alternate phone number or e-mail address so that you can receive the reset link or code in your alternate mode of communication
- Add trusted contacts from your friend list just in case you need to verify or authenticate your Facebook ID.
- Activate the Login Approval and Private Browsing option
- Do not open any spam messages that are sent to your personal messenger
- Disconnect from any active sessions that you are previously logged in to
- Make sure that you log in only from your own device and avoid logging in from a public device like a web café.
- Change your password if you feel that your account is at risk in any way.
Different Ways On How To Recovery our Facebook Account Without Trusted Contacts
Now that you know some basic and easy tips, I would like to take you through the different ways how to recover your facebook account without trusted contacts. Facebook allows you to recover your account by
- Verifying your account through your mobile number
- Verifying your account through your e-mail address
- Verifying your account through trusted contacts
- Verifying your account through a recovery code or link
- Verifying your account by receiving a code on your mobile
Steps On How To Recover Your Facebook Account Using Trusted Friends
- Log on to the main website facebook.com and select the forgotten password
- Do a search for your account by filling in your phone number or email address
- You will get three options to reset your password they are
- Use my Google Account
- Send code via email
- Send code via SMS
Choose the option that you are comfortable with. If you do not have the above-mentioned info, then you can choose ‘No longer have access to these?’
If you choose the No longer have access to this option, then you will be taken to the next step wherein you would need to provide an alternative mode of contact. You can provide
- A New Email Address
- An Alternate Phone number
You would need to reconfirm the information once again and then click on Continue. Once you do so, you will get a link or code on the new number or e-mail address. After you make the change, you will then be prompted to log in to your account using the new password.
Steps on how to recover your facebook account using trusted friends
One of the best features about recovering a Facebook account is that you can add people you trust. Now that you know how to recover your facebook account without trusted contacts, let us look at how to restore your account using trusted contacts. These people could be your close friends or family members who can authenticate your account. You have the flexibility to add at least 5 trusted contacts. To recover your account with the help of trusted contacts
- First, follow the above-mentioned process
- Then choose the option – Reveal my Trusted Contacts
- Fill in the name of any one of the people who are listed on your Trusted contact list and click confirm
- Inform the person that they will receive a code which they would need to enter by logging on to facebook.com/recover and providing the code that they have received.
Once they have entered the code, they would need to click on continue. After the completion of this process, Facebook will allow you to reset your password and put in a new one.