Known to be one of the well-known TV and internet service provider, Cox is known for its webmail services and also have a huge global user base. The company is known to provide various other services like Internet access, digital cable, home automation services, telephone services, and cable television as well. As a Cox user myself, I have access to various features and can even log in to my cox net email. Through this article, I will help you with some issues and quick fix tips as well.
How do I log in to my cox net email?
In this section, I will take you through the step-by-step process of logging in to your email account
- Log on to cox.net from your browser
- Provide the Cox email User ID and Password
- If you choose- Remember User ID option, you do not have to fill in the information every time.
- Select – Sign In to get into your inbox.
Issues that I face when I try to login into my cox net email
There are times when I do have my own share of problems when I try to log in to my cox net email. In this part of the article, I will cover the commonly known problems and what I do to fix them. These unexpected errors can cause a lot of other problems as well. Let us look at these issues and how to fix them.
A faulty internet
The internet connection plays an important role when you are accessing anything online. When the signal strength is poor, it does create issues including signing in to any email account. When my internet connection is down I also face issues when I try to login into my cox net email.
How to fix a faulty internet connection?
- To fix a faulty internet connection I do is
- First restart the internet router and modem
- Check the physical condition of the cables
- Try to attach the cable directly to my laptop to see if the networks or not.
- I also call the company to find out if there is a technical problem from their end.
- While talking to them I recheck the settings to ensure I have the correct one.
- I also request them to send someone across to check the cables and devices.
The User ID
The next issue that I often face is that I sometimes provide an incorrect user ID considering that I do have a tendency of forgetting things. Sometimes it also happens that I forget my User Id when I have not accessed my account for a long time. To retrieve my user ID
- I first log on to the main login page – https://www.cox.com/content/dam/cox/okta/mail.html
- Then I click on the Forgot User ID option located just below the Sign In option.
- You will then be taken to the next page where you will have two options
- Phone number – To use your phone number you would need to enter it in the text box and select- lookup account
- Account number – If you use your account number, you can put the Cox account number and the Zip code.
- After completing this step, you will get to know what is your userID.
Another reason why I cannot log in to my cox net email is that there are times when I forget my password. When you have too many passwords to remember it becomes a very tricky situation. What makes things challenging is that passwords are case-sensitive. If you are in a position where you have forgotten the password, there is no need to worry. Just follow the steps I have mentioned below
- Log on to https://www.cox.com/content/dam/cox/okta/mail.html
- Select the option – Forgot Password option located under the Sign In blue box.
- Type the user ID and select – Lookup account
- Choose from any one of the following options
- Text Me
- Call Me
- Answer Secret Question
- Send email
- You will get further instruction depending on whatever method you choose. Follow the instructions to reset the password.
Incorrect configuration or settings
The last thing that I check when I cannot log in to my cox net email is the settings. While using a third-party app to set up a Cox mail account, you have to make sure that you input the correct settings. I have given you the settings below to make it easy for you.
Incoming Mail Server or IMAP settings
- Incoming Mail Server Address – imap.cox.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port – 993
- SSL – Yes
- UserName – the registered user name
- Password – The registered password
Outgoing Mail Server or SMTP Settings
- Outgoing Mail Server Address – smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port – SSL/TLS encryption – 465
- Authentication Required – Yes
- UserName – the registered user name
Password – The registered password